[Jacob-list] Copper DEFINCIENCY

gotothewhip at aol.com gotothewhip at aol.com
Sat Apr 18 16:59:45 EDT 2009

Thanks Cathy!

We have not had our feeds tested.? Our soil tests are irrelevant as we
drylot our sheep...and they do not go to pasture.? I am going to look
into the hay first.

We are currently feeding a Feedlot Lamb ration from Greeley, CO
Elevator.? This is a ration they sell to the large lamb feedlots
locally.? Because we buy in bulk, I don't have a tag readily
available.. But doubt it is a source of problems as we only feed grain
just prior to lambing and while they are lactating.

The Dam of this lamb is a curiously easy keeper.? She remains obese
with the other lamb on her, and limited rations.... She carries POCKETS
of fat behind her shoulders.?

We have free access to the vitalix Sheep Mineral Tubs, and also have
the Purina Sheep Mineral Blocks out.? We offer some free choice loose
minerals when the weather cooperates, but are limited in that aspect as
none of the outdoor mineral feeders seem to accommodate horns!

We have not heard back from the vet as to the game plan as of yet.,

Jennifer Tucker

Moose Mtn Ranch \\Bennett, CO