[Jacob-list] some ideas?

Lasell J. Bartlett lasell at lasell.org
Tue Apr 14 07:32:49 EDT 2009

I'd like to hear what folks do with an elderly, well-loved ewe --
what measures (and specifics would be helpful) you go through to keep
her alive and comfortable, what ways you would 'help her along' and
how you personally judge 'when' to do it if she's not doing so
well... She is alert and mobile and eating, and stays with the flock
unless we have some pellets for her, just spending more time resting,
and under her fleece, she's not holding her weight like before.

Not the most cheerful of topics but I'd like some ideas and some
support as we are starting to think seriously about intervening with
our dear and oldest ewe.

Lasell J Bartlett
Fine Fettle Farm
Newbury VT

Jacob lambs for sale. (All of our ewes are decendents from our
original Lasseau Jacob ewes and ram.)