[Jacob-list] Custom Mills

ACAMDA at aol.com ACAMDA at aol.com
Wed Sep 17 16:13:27 EDT 2008

Hannah -

I've been very happy with MacAusland Woolen Mills on Prince Edward Island
for blankets. Unless you have 300 pounds though, they will mix "a little" of
someone else's wool in with your to make a full batch.

Zeilinger Wool in Michigan was good for roving and batting.

I tried Georgia Mountain Fibers in Blue Ridge, but they specialize in llama
and alpaca and will only do sheep fiber if it is already washed. I've seen
theirs and it seems they do a good job, but the last time I tried to wash
fiber I ended up with one giant ball of lint, so I think I'll stick with someone
who'll do it for me.

Hope this helps.

Kathey in Georgia