[Jacob-list] good wool processor

Brenalan Farm info at brenalanfarm.com
Wed Oct 1 19:03:31 EDT 2008

I just got my first order back from Zeilingers in Frankenmuth, MI. They did a nice job on a friend's Lincoln fleece and have fast turn around, so I thought I try them. They processed several fleeces into roving for me, and the reduction in vegetation was impressive. The only things I don't like is that they want fairly large batches- 5 lb for roving and 30 for pencil roving- and won't run smaller batches consecutively (e.g. whitest to blackest) without cleanout and count it as one batch for purposes of not getting small lot charges. But if you have a lot of one thing, they seem like a great place to go. Prices are reasonable at $6.55/lb for grease wool to roving. Their 2 and 3 way swirls are also nice. Their avg turnaround seems to be about 6 weeks.

Brenda