[Jacob-list] sheep update... still need some advise

gotothewhip at aol.com gotothewhip at aol.com
Sat Nov 29 11:02:10 EST 2008

I had one on long term Banamine... We gave ORALLY 1 ml/100#? of the injectable up to twice daily.. but usually once a day.? CSU told me that ruminants, specifically small ruminants metabolise Banamine and onther NSAIDS diffrently than Monogstrics.? Most Monogastrics see the ill effects of NSAID in digestive upset, and gastric ulcers.? I was told by CSU that there is no known effects from long term use of Banamine in small ruminants. I had a ewe on daily and occasional BID Banamine for aout 9 months with no ill effects.?

Jennifer Tucker
wwwMooseMtnRanch.com
?