[Jacob-list] semi-urgent~opinions needed

Hannah hannah at knoxfarms.com
Sun Nov 23 20:19:02 EST 2008

Hey gang,

This afternoon when I was feeding my sheep my Black Welsh ewe lamb,
Shirly, did not come to eat. She is usually very bright and alert, like
her sister, Cher. Shirly, however, was standing off by herself with her
back arched. The thing that cought my attention, though was her uneven
respiration and acting like she was trying to cough. She appeared to have
been chased when I first saw her, but that isn't very likely. Anyway,
when we got her she was salivating excessively. It wasn't like she was
drooling, but like she had a partial blockage. She was also grinding her
teeth. She has really good color in her conjunctiva. She is scouring,
but not excessively. Her temp is 103.9

I have given her 36ml of a mixture of olive oil, baking soda, and
charcoal. I give this when there is the possibility of bloat,
clostridium, or a blockage. I also gave her 1ml of banamine and 1.5ml
valbazen. One of our concerns is that she might have pneumonia.

I just want to know if I covered all of the bases.

Thanks,

Hannah K
--
Knox Farms