[Jacob-list] ram aggression

snielsen at orednet.org snielsen at orednet.org
Fri May 23 12:51:16 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 1:27 am, Meg Steensland said:

> ...I don't know how to take down

> a ram as the other correspondent suggested, ...

Ha. I don't either, but I can tell you a story. One day I was careless,
crossing the paddock with a bucket in my hand and the ram in with the
ewes. This was our first ram, and he was so sweet, and he was about to
teach me a lesson. I had become accustomed to his good nature, and was
just lollying along like a dope. I heard hoofbeats behind me, and turned
to see him on his way, head down, top horns aimed right right at me, and
the distance closing fast. I remember thinking, "If I take his head, he's
going to kill me." So I stood there. Somehow I actually just stood there.
When he arrived, I stepped to the side and grabbed him by his fleece. The
next thing I remember, Big John was flat on the ground with his little
hooves still galloping, and I was standing over him with my heart beating.
He got up and went off to eat hay. It's quite astonishing to know that you
can sometimes do what you have to do, even though you know you can't.

Susan
--
See our farm blog at http://skepweaver.wordpress.com/