[Jacob-list] Very concerned... Injured ram question

Gotothewhip at aol.com Gotothewhip at aol.com
Wed May 7 14:44:36 EDT 2008

My vet is out of the office today (and every Wed) and only the small animal
guy is in.... If this is a major concern, I can go to another vet office out
of town.

After I got home from CSU yesterday (Really cool, got to see an
Echo-cardiogram done on my old girl with a murmur) and spending a lovely morning with
Mickey from Broken O.. I arrived home last night to find my special guy, a
yearling 4 horn ram bloody faced in his shed. He had a argument with one of his
buddies last week, and seemed OK, but apparently the argument wasn't over.

I got him out of that pen, and penned him separate... Got bloodstop put on
the horn, It wiggles, but seems attached. and let him be by himself. His
appetite is good, and seems bright, His eye on that side seems a bit swollen,
but I'm not sure if that's from the caked on blood. I really don't want to
fester it right now as it , for the most part isn't bleeding anymore. Id like
to clean him up, but worry that it will only make it worse by re-opening it.

HOWEVER... HE has a very mild bloody nose. Obviously the damage to his horn
is significant enough that he is bleeding a little thru his sinus cavity.

Is this an emergency situation.. or a wait it out kinda deal? I did give him
1.5cc of banamine, in case there is any swelling up there, and to manage the
whopping headache I imagine he has.

favorites at AOL Food.