[Jacob-list] New list member

Susan Donoghue walkabout at pemtel.net
Fri May 2 11:33:21 EDT 2008

Hello to the List

I've just joined your list, and plan to lurk as I learn from you all.
My small farm is in southwestern Virginia, and I'm a recently retired
veterinarian coming back to sheep after working in other areas for
more than 20 years. My plan is to purchase a small flock of Jacob
sheep, or purchase from several bloodlines and build a flock, over
the next year or so. I have a couple working border collies and a
couple working horses. Myself and my dogs are taking herding lessons
from Laura Noll, and also "apprenticing" with her flock of dorsets as
my sheep husbandry techniques are remembered, refreshed, and updated.

Thanks for the opportunity to join this list.
Susan Donoghue, VMD
Walkabout Farm