[Jacob-list] Lambs!

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Mon Mar 17 19:50:23 EDT 2008

I like to spend some time just enjoying my lambs as being "cute, healthy, and bouncy" and being grateful for that. I'll start critiquing them a little later. It's interesting, though, that both Patchwork Finalist and Sweetgrass Heather2 have big eye patches and the ewe lamb from the cross has no eye patches (ram has big eye patches). As far back as I can find pictures, the ancestors have large eye patches. Has anyone done a study of heritability of facial markings? I find that pigment only muzzles are hard to get rid of. Mary Ellen - are you still here? What did you find from your research project? If you haven't found anyone to take over the project, maybe ask again?

Twins today from a teenage mother.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com