[Jacob-list] Hunting Sheep

Marguerite Van Beek pegvanbeek at msn.com
Fri Mar 14 15:21:45 EDT 2008

Linda

I hope there is room for me!!! After reading all the emails I seem to be the odd man out which is fine with me. I am what I am. As my mother always said, leopards never change their spots, they are what they are". I just can't do what some of you can do. I think it is great to be able to go out and hunt and enjoy yourself but to me it is not in the cards. I have no problem having someone kill a wounded animal but that is about as far as I go. It is very hard for me to send my rams to slaughter it is hard to explain but it takes something from me when I do and I wish I was just alittle better at it. I am a fixer upper when it comes to animals, I try my best (within reason) and when nothing is working I am at peace and can let them go. Been like that since I could walk. drove my parents crazy. Quick story, one day I hit a squirrel, stopped, noticed he was knocked out put him in the car (so someone else wouldn't run him over) with my sister who was screaming "are you out of your mind" and he woke up halfway home. Needless to say, she was right. But that is me. Someone mentioned that animals are not people, no they are not but I would never disrespect any life whatsoever. That is what makes the world go round it would be rather dull if we were all the same.

Peggy