[Jacob-list] lamb posture

Liz whiskey_wy at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 8 15:10:46 EST 2008

Hello all.

Well we weren't supposed to have any lambs this year so of course we've already had 2 and we're waiting to see about the last 2 ewes! I have one Jacob purebred baby and a suffolk jacob cross. The ewe was determined to be bred and broke through the rams fence!

Well the pure jacob lamb is standing/walking funny. She looks like someone took a rubberband and rubber banded her legs together and they "dried" that way. She stands and walks all bunched up. It doesn't seem to hurt her and I can't feel anything that feels abnormal. She'll let you stretch it and move it with out any fight at all, it seems to have full range of motion. I was wondering if anyone else has ever seen anything like this or if anyone has heard of it. Oh ya so you think her being born in a snow drift would have anything to do with it? they had a barn but the ewe escaped and had her out there right in the middle of it.

I'm going to take some more pics of both my lambs tonight after work, I'll post them to my website so you can see what I'm talking about.