[Jacob-list] they are sheep, NOT goats

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sun Jan 13 18:27:05 EST 2008

My freezer ram lambs spent the summer and fall in my neighbor Jennifer's pasture. She asked if I would mind if her church used them in a background for a Christmas video. Of course I didn't. Jennifer told me a funny story this evening that I thought I'd share. While the filming was going on, Jennifer explained to an interested bystander that the name "Jacob Sheep" comes from the biblical reference to Jacob's sheep. My greedy little freezer boys performed well - lured by a sprinkling of grain. I haven't seen the video yet, but I hear it was a big success. The bystander told Jennifer that one of the church members had said "it was great - but it would have been better if you'd used sheep instead of goats." The bystander (sorry I don't know her name) was pleased to be able to stand up and explain that these are not only SHEEP, but quite fitting for a nativity scene.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com