[Jacob-list] Polled ewes

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 22 23:17:18 EST 2008

--Linda wrote:

>It's more likely your ewe is hornless than polled.

========
What is the difference? I thought polled meant hornless. Does it have to
do with the presence of horn buds? BTW, Gail, interesting you wrote about
your friendly, easy to work with, hornless ewe. I now have 11 ewes and my
favorite is and always has been my 11-yr-old hornless or polled ewe. Most
of her offspring also are/were friendly and they all had horns. But the
side horns never grew more than an inch.
Cathy
Moscow, Idaho