[Jacob-list] Sheep Trip

Lynette Frick lynettefrick at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 14:57:42 EST 2008

Hi all,

A few people mentioned that they would like to know if someone would be
coming their way with sheep. I would really like to be able to do a well
orchestrated "sheep trip" sometime this year and pick up one last ram from
different genetics somewhere on the other side of the country. If anyone
would be interested in getting sheep from the west coast or along the way,
all I would need is for them to have their standard health papers and an OPP
test, no sore mouth please. It usually only costs about 5 dollars to do
the OPP test, and it's well worth knowing. I need to get enough people in on
it to help with gas. My truck gets 19mpg street, and almost 20 hw. It has a
cage on the back that I can split with panels. I designed it with Jacobs in
mind, and so far it has worked great! I bleach out and wash the whole truck
between trips. If anyone is interested let me know so I can make sure and
set up stops as efficiently as possible.

Oh, and while were on the topic of getting sheep, does anyone have a super
ram that they would be interested in letting go? I am mostly looking for
a ram older that 1yr. with a super nice fleece, horns, and markings. Maybe
one that was used for a couple of seasons in a row and now needs to move
on. I like both 2 and 4horns as long as they don't interfere or tip forward,
and prefer the larger facial patches (would definitely consider an excellent
ram with little patches though). I'm mostly looking for a lilac, but would
go for a lilac carrier or strong black too. If there are good pictures
of previous years offspring that would be fantastic!

Thanks

Lynette Frick
IDEAL FARM (California)
Jacob Sheep