[Jacob-list] Guard llamas

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 20 13:09:26 EST 2008

--Beryl wrote:

>One question for you about llamas: How do you worm them? He was last

>wormed in May during shearing time and I'd like to not repeat the

>experience. I wonder if he could have a feed additive, like that used for

>goats and horses, as only he can get to his hanging bucket.

===========
I use dewormer paste and mix it with applesauce and then mix all in his
pelleted feed which he really likes. It must be thoroughly mixed or my
llama will leave the dewormer. I use Ivermectin paste in the fall and
Panacur paste in the spring. There is a product that is a pelleted feed
mixed with Safeguard (I think) that is sold in feed stores. I feed this to
the rams and wethers. Our llama likes apples so we make our own mix with
applesauce. I also wait until the llama is very hungry and then feed him
the dewormer mixture.

Cathy
Moscow, Idaho