[Jacob-list] Guard Llamas for sheep

Beryl Schwartz beryl5145 at wirelessbeehive.com
Tue Feb 19 23:42:00 EST 2008

Meg,

I would love to see your article. I have a guard llama as well and he has
been a great help, especially when I heard them or when they are moved from
one pasture to another. It is amazing to see how much the sheep trust him.
I have noticed that he doesn't bother friendly dogs, but makes threatening
movements towards barking ones.

One question for you about llamas: How do you worm them? He was last
wormed in May during shearing time and I'd like to not repeat the
experience. I wonder if he could have a feed additive, like that used for
goats and horses, as only he can get to his hanging bucket.

Also, there is a book for children called "Harley" about a guard llama.

Beryl Schwartz

Stockton, UT