[Jacob-list] Guard Llamas for sheep

Meg Steensland beegal7 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 12:50:25 EST 2008

The one llama chased the coyote away after coyote left a muddy print on the sheep (pix of this is article) while the other three llamas took the sheep to the barn. I almost always have two or more guards except overnite on shearing day when we have to put most in the barn to get/stay dry.

http://www.lamaregistry.com/ilreport/2005October/ilre-port0510.html

see Llama routs coyote

So, did the llamas chase the coyotes away? Did the coyotes do any damage? I have heard that one llama is good against only one coyote; if there's a second, it will make an end run around the llama who is spitting at the first coyote, or whatever they do to attack.