[Jacob-list] purported "sheep scam" was not one

Thomas Carnes tcarnes at carnesely.com
Thu Feb 7 10:28:26 EST 2008

Back in December, a member reported being worried about a "sheep scam,"
whatever that is, after receiving an initial email from me looking to buy
sheep. I found it both funny and scary to read about this on the internet.

I am a lawyer. Beverly, who apparently was the suspicious one, is a speech
pathologist. We each have websites readily accessible by Google. Beverly
was gifted a 335 acre farm in Gillespie County, Texas. Its address is 1945
River Road, Fredericksburg, Texas. We have not farmed or ranched before,
but have the support of our brother in law, Beverly's sister, and her
father, who have farmed and ranched in Gillespie County since anyone can
remember. We have already bought Jacob and Navajo-Churro sheep from a
registered breeder. We are looking to buy more, as we are relocating
shortly to the Hill Country and the farm. There are other sheep, goats,
and cattle on the place.

I hope this clears the cloud created by the flurry that resulted from a
simple email inquiry. We were, and are, looking to buy sheep. That is why
we sent out an email to people who we thought would actually have them. We
have actually spoken with some people on this list, who can verify that we
are who we say we are. Thank you.

THOMAS P. CARNES

CARNES ELY LLP

Vine Street Studios