[Jacob-list] Olivia update

Hannah hannah at knoxfarms.com
Thu Aug 28 18:05:04 EDT 2008

Oh, thats too bad. I hate to hear it when animals die from a sickness
that is so easy to ammend, but nobody that I've told has ever heard of the
remedy. I'm glad Olivia is doing better.

Everyone, I did not even think to introduce myself. I have some dairy
goats for pets and family use. I used to have ALOT of goats and have
re-filled the pasture space with Black Welsh Mt. and Jacob sheep. This
Spring will be my first lambing and shearing. I do have several
questions...

When you shear your sheep do you send it to a custom mill to be washed if
you are going to hand spin? Do you also send it to a mill to be spun? If
so, which one? My sheep mentor told me about MacAusland's and they seem
to have really good prices.

What is a good price to ask for raw, unwashed wool? What is the Cydectin
dose for sheep? What can you use to delouse sheep? Do you vaccinate and
trim hooves once or twice a year?

I know that I will get a differing answer from everyone who responds, but
I am open to new ideas on this new adventure!

Thanks!

Hk