[Jacob-list] Olivia update

Hannah hannah at knoxfarms.com
Thu Aug 28 08:54:51 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm new to Jacob sheep (I have a ram and a ewe), but I have had dairy
goats for the better half of my life. For the goats we use CDT, but still
have a very few (usually a weaker one) animals get clostridium. For those
goats we have an excellent 'cure' which was recommended by former NC state
vet and I'm sure it would work on a sheep. It is 10ml Clostridium
antitoxin (not toxoid) orally and 10ml subQ one time. Then treat the
animal with PenG for 5 days. Usually a couple of hours after the
antitoxin they are all rosey again!

I'm sorry you've been having trouble and I hope shes better for sure!

Hk

--
Knox Farms
All Natural Goat's Milk Soaps