[Jacob-list] Wethering

Neal and Louise Grose nlgrose at yadtel.net
Tue Apr 1 06:00:20 EDT 2008

Ammonia chloride has to be used very carefully, and is toxic and not
palatable. It would be used here to tie up the calcium into calcium
chloride. I do not understand why you would do this if the problem is too
much phosphorus in ratio to calcium.

It is used in cattle rations for pre-partum cows to pull excess cations out
of the system to "prep" cows for the massive change in calcium metabolism at
calving.

Neal Grose