[Jacob-list] state/national program

Victoria da Roza castlerockjacobs at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 10:47:17 EDT 2007

I think the state program is the mandatory which means
you just tag with acceptable tag. The voluntary is
the national program or maybe I have it backwards.
This is what I did I had the state use the same number
for my voluntary flock as my JBSA flock number so I
only have to remember one number 0303 for everything.
If you use the national program then as Gary said you
can use your standing across state lines. The ewes I
got across state lines were just on the mandatory
program without the vet visits to the flock yearly and
that is why I had to go back to zero several times in
my 5 year count.
Even if no one knows of a scrapie case in Jacobs,
it would still be a big plus for me if I were buying
an RR sheep or one on the voluntary program. If
scrapie does turn up then it is too late to get the 5
year free status. Victoria

Victoria
Castle Rock Farm
Jacob Sheep & Nigerian Dwarf Goats