[Jacob-list] A couple of questions

Schmick54 at aol.com Schmick54 at aol.com
Wed Sep 12 22:21:25 EDT 2007

We live in Colorado. We usually put our rams in about the middle to end of
October, and count 150 days, give or take 5 days. We leave them together
about 50 days to make to get in at least two of the ewes' cycles.

We plan on shearing 6-7 weeks before lambing. That makes sure we can see
what is going on in the ewe's rear end and because they might be cold, they'll
lamb in a warm place instead of dropping them on the cold ground. If you don't
want to shear before then, you might just "crotch" the ewe so her babies can
find her udders and you can still watch for dilation.

Good Luck