[Jacob-list] castration

spotted_sheep at bluefrog.com spotted_sheep at bluefrog.com
Sun Sep 9 22:38:36 EDT 2007

Hi all, I use rubber bands also, I find the best way to castrate is to have two people, one to hold him (just standing up, like you are showing him) and the other person in back, and the key is to just pretend that nothing is happening, that you are just holding him there, talking to him and petting him, and the person in the back just slips the band over the testicles (trying to not touch them at all, other wise he knows something's up) and snap, done. If you can keep him calm he will relax and his testicle will not go into the body cavity, if you flip him on his butt he will get scared and his testicles will go into his body cavity and even if you can get them both out you still have to get the band on them... Also, gravity is on your side if you can have him standing...
If you don't have two people (like me most of the time...), then you just have to sit him in your lap and let him calm down a bit (if his mom is there that helps alot!), try not to touch his testicles and slip the band over them. And MAKE SURE you have BOTH testicles, otherwise try, try again...
I fined these are the best ways to castrate, both one and two person ways...

Marie
Spot Hollow Farm
http://spot-hollow-farm.gotpetsonline.com/