[Jacob-list] worming, anemia, lump

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sat Sep 8 20:07:14 EDT 2007

Here in the southeast US (I'm about 100 miles from Matthew and Michele) bottle jaw is also a sign of Haemonchus contortus (barber pole worm). Haemonchus contortus is the killer parasite here and is the most common cause of bottle jaw. We do see liver flukes, but not that often. We have a very serious problem in this area with parasites being resistant due to whole flock wormings. If we hope to raise hardy Jacobs here, we can't do whole flock wormings.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com