[Jacob-list] worming, anemia, lump

Paige Bowser paigebowser at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 13:47:23 EDT 2007

I don't know if this applies to sheep but I know that a horse heavily
infested with worms should be given small doses of wormer gradually, over a
couple of weeks. This keeps the toxicity of the dead worms from
overwhelming the animal. It couldn't hurt to apply this principle to
sheep.
Also, it can't hurt to try to drain some of the fluid out of that lump, it
is a whopper of a lump! the needle should relieve the pressure and you can
slowly express the wound. wear gloves, if it is puss you don't really want
that on your bare hands. good luck :-)
Paige