[Jacob-list] Sheep chair

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 7 13:26:35 EDT 2007

>Any thoughts about using a sheep chair for Jacob Sheep? Premier has a sale

>on one and I'm tempted.

>Beryl Schwartz

>Stockton, Utah

=============
Yes, we bought one. I used one last year to help a friend trim hooves. It
made it much easier. One problem to watch for is to make certain both
hooves are in front of the lower bar when you place the sheep in the chair.
If the hooves get caught behind the bar there could be twisted legs or
worse if the sheep isn't situated correctly. We were working with
Icelandics, which are the same size as Jacobs, and we had no trouble. The
sheep just laid there with all four hooves stuck out. One lady on another
list added some parts to the bottom of her chair so that the hooves
couldn't get caught.

Our chair is still in the box, but we are trimming hooves and deworming
tomorrow. I will let you know how it works.

Cathy
Moscow, Idaho