[Jacob-list] Lump under chin on ram

CARL FOSBRINK carlfosbrink at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 17:39:34 EDT 2007

Matthew,

It looks like bottle jaw to me, which can happen this time of year due to heavy worm infestation. I would worm him right away or at least check a fecal sample for worms. A lot of sheep and goats are developing a resistance to the wormers we have on the market so even if they were wormed they could still have worms.

Carl in Indiana

Peaceful Valley Farm <pvfarm at catt.com> wrote:
Hi all,
We just gave someone a ram lamb last night, and when we went to catch him, we discovered a lump underneath his jaw. It isn't hard, it's has a kind of water baloon feel to it. Here's a link to some pictures: http://youandyouroilthing.blogspot.com/2007/09/aarons-lump.html
(It's not my website, but the blog of the new owner of the ram.)
Any idea as to what this is, and what to do about it?
Matthew
Peaceful Valley Farm
Ringgold, GA
www.peacefulvalleyfarm.com