[Jacob-list] Grain feeding

Gooch guschi73 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 27 19:45:08 EDT 2007

I use a modified version of the Kent ration that they've had around for years with pretty decent results. The ration I use is 300# shelled corn, 250# oats, 100# 34% lamb pellets, 30# molasses with a 1-2 minute mix. It's pretty reasonably priced too as long as the price of corn doesn't go too much higher. The ewes get about 1# daily (1.5# daily during lactation), lambs a tad more, rams just a taste. They get mineral/kelp mix free choice.

If I run out I can use the Kent Country Blend as a replacement- it's pretty comparable but a bit sweeter. One of my local feed stores carries that so it's nice to have an emergency supply nearby.

Shel

http://mail.yahoo.com