[Jacob-list] Jacob sheep oddities

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Mon Oct 22 06:29:47 EDT 2007

Lamb noses will almost always turn black (always in my experience), the same way that white hooves will almost always become striped or black - again always in my experience, but I imagine someone out there has had hooves or noses that stay white/pink.

"Brown" Jacobs are lilacs. They are "real" Jacobs and are registerable. It's a recessive trait, which is probably why you haven't seen it before. You will see lilacs pictured on a lot of the listers' websites.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com