[Jacob-list] Looking for sheep in British Columbia

Meg Steensland beegal7 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 14 23:30:09 EDT 2007

Livestock over the border - they are shipping llamas and alpacas over the border! I got two Ontario Canada llamas in June 2006 - had delivered by a Canadian transporter - cost about as much as the stock itself; but maybe find out what requirements and make a 'run' yoursellf to WA or OR. Without looking up names at www.jsba.org I think Karen Lobb lives out that way and is a reliable, active member of this list. Yes, I know distances out 'west' are really different than those of us in the 'east' experience.

Linda <patchworkfibers at alltel.net> wrote: I received this inquiry. Can anyone help? email is: Mark Rucker <tgraphic at shaw.ca>

quoted message follows:

My husband and I are restoring an old farm with an Orchard. I have been
researching different sheep breeds and am planning to have 3-4 Jacobs
on 6 acres (3 orchard 3 pasture.). I selected them because of their
size (small), unique wool (which seems to be appealing to spinners and
weavers, (is this true?) and hardiness and rarity. We want to help
support cultivation of heritage breeds. I have determined a rare
chicken to raise. as well.

Your help in locating a breeder in BC would be greatly appreciated.
There are breeders in the US but my understanding is that they cannot
ship livestock over the border.

Alison Moore
250-767-0087

www.patchworkfibers.com