[Jacob-list] Ram lamb for sale

Gary Anderson gbanderson at ucdavis.edu
Tue Oct 9 12:09:44 EDT 2007

We have for sale (or possible trade*) a 2007 ram lamb, prospective E
generation when registered with JSBA. His sire is Greenwater Mark (D
generation) from Barbara and Dennis Schultz' flock in Washington. His dam
is Hillside Rosemary, also D generation. Both sire and dam made the trek
from California to Sparta, Michigan; thus, the ram lamb may be a source of
new genetics for breeders on this side of the country. The ram lamb has
good fleece characteristics, fine color, and an impressive 2-horn sweep. He
may be viewed on our website at http://www.geocities.com/hillsidejacobs.
(*We can get by this breeding season with our current rams but are
interested ultimately in introducing new, 'local genetics' into our flock
and will consider trading for a ram from east of the Rockies. Most of our
ewes are E and F generation, and we prefer a new ram from these
generations.)

We also have another West-coast ram available, this one an E-generation
yearling born in 2006. He is out of Windy Acres Diandra, breed champion as
a ewe lamb for the Jacob show at the 1997 JSBA Annual General Meeting in
Hepner, OR. He is four-horned and nicely marked, but his wool is coarser
than we prefer in our breeding rams. Please contact me off-line if you wish
to see a photo.