[Jacob-list] More on the prowling, mad-bull Jacob ram in Michigan

William Thompson emma at netins.net
Sun Nov 25 09:08:02 EST 2007

Hi everyone,
I am so glad we live far enough away from "city" that we would not have
coverage to tell when one of our rams might get out. Normally this list
understands how "stuff" happens. I did go out and look at my gentlemen, and
with their beautiful wool they do look like they could be about 50 pounds
more than they are, and I have steel gates waded into yard sculptors from
when they wanted want they want. Reminds me of when the kids were still
home. Referring to a saying of my grandmother, which I seem to do more
often these days, be careful what you say because the same thing could
happen to you and most likely will.

Don't you just love reporters trying to put our vocabulary into something
they think they understand?

Hope you all have good Holidays!

Lou Anne Thompson
Thompson's Corner in S.W. Iowa
(An Iowa Alternative Agriculture Business)

I live near Grand Rapids and saw the original, local-news report on the
missing Jacob ram; I did not see the follow-up, next-day report in Linda's
message that he had been located and returned home.

In the original report the news reporter referred to a rare breed of sheep
called 'Jacob Ram'. The reporter also said that the ram was especially
cranky because he was 'in the rut'. The item appeared several times in
successive half-hour news segments (a soft news day, apparently), and each
time I received a telephone call or two from family and acquaintances who
were more amused than concerned over the personality of 'Jacob Ram' sheep.