[Jacob-list] Ram story and wound treatment

Sue Roenke oliveoyl_123 at hotmail.com
Wed May 23 18:35:50 EDT 2007

OK, so I go to the kitchen to make some lunch, and I look out the window and
see our 2 horn ram, outside the fence, with a gate stuck on his horn!!! My
shepherdess was away doing 4H stuff, so I holler at my middle daughter
to get outside right away. As we approached him, he comes to a halt, he
knows we are coming to help, gentle ram that he is. We tried to get it
off, finally managing to turn it right side up and untangle his horn.
It looks like he was trying to itch between his horn and wool, got it
stuck, pulled up the gate, which isn't secured (thank goodnes!) and tried in
vain to get off. He jumped or walked over the Premier eletrci fencing, which
was on, went over to a Russian Olive shrub that they hang out around,
flailed to gate againist it trying to get it off, and nothing worked. He
probably walked a few hundred feet with this gate on his head, and I wanted
to take the time to find the camera, but I was more concerned about Patrick
to do that! Ahhhh, the joys of farming...LOL

For wounds, we use tea tree oil and water in a spray bottle. Have used as
a dip for cords too. Works great for us, and natural.

Sue (and Marie)