[Jacob-list] ewe low on milk

Ralene Mitschler rmitschler at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 08:42:13 EDT 2007

Hi All
New situation for me: my lead ewe Aimee (about 6 years old) seems to
be low on milk. She has twinned March 14 and was holding her leg up
against udder sometimes but clearly not rejecting lambs. During
shearing yesterday our shearer said he didn't think it looked like
infection but that she was low on milk. So my friends who were
volunteers for shearing happily helped bottle feed to supplement
mom....meanwhile I have Aimee checked into top ewe 'hotel room' by
herself and am giving her bit more feed/hay without having to compete
for it.....

I may call vet too to be sure it isn't some type of infection. Any advice?

PS Royal---she was the first ewe placed with Bidawee
Maurice---gorgeous markings!

Ralene

--
Ralene Mitschler