[Jacob-list] names?

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Thu Mar 15 20:16:25 EDT 2007

I'm curious as to how breeders chose both flock names and lamb names.

Our flock name, Patchwork, comes from when I was raising and showing tri-color Rex rabbits (the color of a calico cat). Calico made me think of patchwork, although I am not a quilter. When I was repairing yet another cage, I thought - I'm always patching something - Patchwork - that suits. We carried the name over when we started with Jacobs. And, yes, we are still patching!

When Viva was a lamb, we had some lumber for an addition at the old place covered with a tarp. When I'd let the sheep out into the yard to graze, Viva really got a kick out of jumping on the tarp - making so much noise that all the other lambs would run away. This is definitely a sheep that just loves having fun.

Martha - born on George Washington's birthday, along with her twin, George.

Macaroon - daughter of Praline, and a silly little girl.

Morgan - pirate markings in his swashbuckler facial markings.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com