[Jacob-list] Beginner Sinning Wheel

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Fri Jun 29 19:46:06 EDT 2007

I love Jacobs for everything about them. Fleece is important since a big part of my sheep income is from selling handspun yarn, roving, and fleece - and I think you'll find that most breeders are concerned about fleece when purchasing lambs. I'll sure keep a ewe that is spectacular in other ways if her fleece isn't great - I like weaving rugs. Fleece quality is a selling point when you are selling breeding stock.

That's a decent price for an S-10. The Louet is bobbin lead (irish tension), which I don't like all that much (I learned on a scotch tension wheel) as it seems a little grabby, but everyone I know that learned on a Louet loves them. I really like the Ashford wheels, but that's probably because I learned on an Ashford 17 years ago.

Congrats on joining the fiber crowd!

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com