[Jacob-list] Electric Fencing

Beryl Schwartz beryl5145 at wirelessbeehive.com
Tue Jun 5 23:50:10 EDT 2007

All,

Since my sheep have been sheared, they realized that they are small enough
to squeeze between the first and second strands of my barbed wire fence that
surrounds their 12 acre pasture. After I noticed this, I put them in a 3
acre pasture that is fenced completely with woven wire. I'd like to
eventually put them back in the main pasture, but I don't want to deal with
stringing up barbed wire (does anyone? ; ) I did some thinking and have
decided to put up a stand of electric twine between the first and second
strands. My question is this: do I use insulators that are offset by 4" or
ones that are flush to the posts?

Thanks,

Beryl

Stockton, Utah