[Jacob-list] Sheep security

Joy Thomas, SonRise Farm shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 20 12:30:02 EDT 2007

> What's a Heomonchus Summer?

That was the summer here in NC about 3-4 years ago
that it suddenly rained after much drought. This
caused a worm explosion -- Heomonchus contortus/barber
pole primarily on my farm. I was losing a sheep a day
for a while. Vet was called, followed her advice and
managed to save only a few of our lambs that year.
Tabitha was one of them. It was awful!

Since then, I've taken the FAMACHA class, drylot in
humid weather and do things differently.

Betty - thanks for your kind e-mail and encouragement!
I, too, am shocked! We didn't even lock our house when
we went out. May start now, but need to find the house
keys! <sad sigh>

Joy T.