[Jacob-list] Ewes Breeding Out of Season

Steve and Trish Barrows agf777 at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 2 09:42:32 EDT 2007

We have not experienced out of season breeding, but have read about its possibilities, so we have always moved the rams to a separate pasture in mid-July. Well, last evening as I watched two of the adult ewes get into a pushing contest, a "ram" bunctious young fella decided that this would be a good time to mount one of those fighting ewes. Aside from being kind of comical looking, we decided to separate them a bit earlier this year. So, there is much baaing through the fence this morning, as the summer separation has just taken place. Hopefully, that will take care of the out of season potential for this year.
Steve and Trish Barrows
Amazing Grace Farm