[Jacob-list] (no subject)

Donnangelo, Nick ncd at mitre.org
Sun Jan 28 23:00:00 EST 2007

We had our first two lambs this season, a nice looking and very
vigorous ewe lamb and a smaller but still healthy 4 horn ram lamb. One
day after birth the mother ewe completely rejected the ram lamb (which
totally mystifies me, she is an excellent and experienced mother).
Fortunately the temperatures weren't too cold and I happened to be
working from home that day. We now have a bottle baby, who is strong,
nursing well and growing. I plan to introduce the lamb to a little
alfalfa this week. My specific questions are: At what age should I
wean the lamb? When can/should I move from my living room back to the
flock since he will not have the protection or warmth of an ewe?
Thanks in advance from your experiences and insight.

Nick Donnangelo
Shiloh Manor