[Jacob-list] showing sheep at CA State fair

Robin Lynde rlynde at onramp113.org
Thu Jan 4 16:20:13 EST 2007

I am trying to get together enough "classic" sheep breeders as possible to put together a show for the 2007CA State Fair in Sacramento The sheep show is always over Labor Day weekend. That's August 31-Sept.3 this year. You can check out last year's info at www.bigfun.org There are lots of other awards (including $$$) available for such things as your display , etc. The fair needs 6 letters of commitment to proceed. So far I have 3. One if from me and I have a Blue-faced Leicester breeder and an Icelandic breeder. I know this will be an odd show if we get all these unusual breeds together. But won't it be fun and a great draw for the public? There are thousands of people through those barns on Labor Day weekend. Also, I would hope that if there is enough interest that in a few years maybe we'd be able to split up the division into more breed specific groups or classes.

If anyone is interested please let me know right away. We need to finalize this in the next 2 weeks.

Also I'd appreciate it if you would pass this on to other breed lists, etc. Let me know so I know who has the info.

Robin Lynde
Meridian Jacobs
Vacaville, CA
www.meridianjacobs.com