[Jacob-list] Jacob scam???

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Fri Dec 28 19:26:39 EST 2007

I just ran a google search to see if I could find my neighbor, who I KNOW is an honest person and would be serious if she inquired about sheep. Lots of people with her name showed up, but not her in the first 4 pages. I quit looking after that. Gosh, maybe I better not sell her any sheep?? Maybe your prospective buyers are just starting their farm and/or don't list the name anywhere on the internet. I sell alot of sheep to new breeders that are just starting out with a farm name.

I agree wholeheartedly with Karen about forwarding these persons' names to a public list. As you may or may not know, the archives of the Jacob list are public and may be searched by anyone - even people not subscribed to the list. I hate to think they are even now researching the archives and deciding that us Jacob breeders are a paranoid lot.

I guess I just like to think that people are dealing with me in good faith until they prove otherwise. I am not so pollyannaish to think that every check will be good, but so far, so good.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com