[Jacob-list] Locker hook rugs

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sun Dec 23 07:45:03 EST 2007

It sounds like you are describing the type of Jacob fleece that has less crimp - less elasticity. This type of wool is not always coarser. It can be quite soft and silky and suitable for many projects besides rugs.

Jacobs are not double coated, period. They may have a little kemp which is not desirable, but acceptable in small amounts. They may have long, coarse, fleeces. Britch wool is the straighter, more hair like wool found at the britch area (upper hind leg and sometimes into the the hip area and beyond). I've never seen britch wool with any luster, but that doesn't mean it never has any luster. It's suitable for weaving fleece rugs, but I don't like it as much as a fiber that has some luster and the britch wool does pack as well in weaving. I would think it would be great for locker hooking or as yarn for weaving.

Sure, send along some wool. I'll send you back some samples of what I'm talking about.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com