[Jacob-list] Locker hook rugs

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 22 20:10:56 EST 2007

--Francis wrote:

>>I am looking for a locker hook kit to learn to hook-prefer jacobs wool

========
I had a class on locker hook last month. You can buy the supplies from
most franchised craft stores like JoAnn's or Michaels. Ask for the locker
hook mesh and the locker hook tool, looks similar to a large crochet hook
but has a hole at one end for the yarn. You will need some yarn too; in
order to carry the wool through the mesh. The wool I used was some of my
Jacob roving. The yarn is surrounded by the wool and, using the locker
hook, you pull it through each hole in the mesh. Basically, the yarn
carries the wool through the mesh The yarn I use is Brown Sheep Lamb's
Pride worsted weight because it has some mohair so it slips easily through
the wool.

You will need written instructions or a class, maybe they show how to do it
on the Internet. Apparently, Jacob wool makes great rugs because of the
guard hairs. My rug is mostly chocolate brown wool with a thin strip of
white separating the dark wool and there is a large white square in the
center. Too bad you don't live in Deer Park anymore, I am just a hundred
miles south of you. I could've showed you how to do it.

Cathy
Moscow, Idaho