[Jacob-list] Sterns Tanning

Gooch guschi73 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 15:08:11 EST 2007

I just talked to Jeff Stern. They have a zoning meeting in Milwaukee this week to see about relocating to a facility there. Hopefully all will go well. I'll check back with him in a couple weeks to see how it went. Let's hope they are operational again soon!

In the meantime, you can still prepare hides to get tanned by scraping all the excess flesh off them and then salting with 5-8# of fine grained salt (amount depends on hide size). The hides can sit that way for a couple months before being tanned.

Shel

~ Goochland Acres ~

~ Asylum Farm ~