[Jacob-list] Fwd: Re: Hay woes

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Mon Aug 13 20:05:20 EDT 2007

I wish we still had to drive an hour to get to a Walmart. We seriously dislike Walmart on all levels.

In some areas, there was enough land to support the livestock until this last year or so of drought. We are faced with a difficult decision - should we depend on hay during this time? Or should we take our rare breed sheep to an auction, where they will more than likely go to a similar drought situation and the lines be lost to the registries? Or take them to the butcher where the lines will certainly be lost?

Yep, I'd love to see every Jacob in the country surviving on lush pasture, especially mine! But, I'm sure happy to have some wonderful old lines in my flock that came from flocks that raised sheep on a drylot. That's part of what I meant by adaptable.

I'm not hissing and booing and I appreciate hearing your thoughts.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com