[Jacob-list] Hay woes

Joy Thomas, SonRise Farm shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 10:26:04 EDT 2007

Just had two rolls delivered from last year's cutting.
Spoke with my hay man. I'm North of Raleigh in NC. He
expects to cut again this fall and do rolls. Spring
cuttings were square bales. I have 15 rolls on order.
Am praying it rains and he's able to cut.

I will also get square bales and store in barn. These
are for ewes in jugs with lambs and horse if it's icey
out.

We give the ewes and horse hay extender pellets (blue
seal) when ewes are pregnant. Also use as training
treats with lambs. <grin>

Have switched my rabbits to a complete feed, so they
no longer will get hay. This will eliminate a LOT of
hay waste on my farm. So far, so good.

I'm eager to hear other's thoughts on this.

Joy T