[Jacob-list] Hay woes

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Thu Aug 9 22:03:20 EDT 2007

HUH? I shouldn't raise sheep because I need to buy hay? And because hay is a bit scarce this year I should quit?

A few years back I wrote an article for our regional newsletter about the adaptability of Jacobs. I know of healthy flocks raised an acre or less. I know of healthy flocks left to fend for themselves with no human intervention for years. Jacobs seem to adapt to all levels of management, which I think is an indication of just how primitive they are. Adaptability, IMHO, is a primitive trait.

Glad I'm not raising reptiles :-), although we sure have plenty of crickets here (I can send you some, if you'd like)

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com